7.5.06

엄마, 보고싶어...

One is the cleaning lady of our 학원 building. One morning, I bought two dozen donuts for everyone at work to munch on. My 원장님 wasn't in yet, so I invited her and the two women who run the front desk to come into our office for donuts and coffee. Being that I'm the only single Korean female at work, I felt a little out of place since the topic of conversation was about the married life and children. She was talking about how the feeling of enjoyment or fulfillment from the small "luxuries" in life, such as going to watch a movie or eating a snack at a 포장마차, became unimportant after having a family.

I remember when my mother would take us to McDonald's, and she would never order anything for herself. But she always would snatch a fry here and there.

0 Comments:

댓글 쓰기

<< Home