14.6.06

Reds go together


From the window of my apartment, I could hear the 'ooh'ing and 'ahh'ing across town. Instead of joining the massive red mob in 광화문, I spent my first World Cup experience downstairs at the convenience store in my building.

The owner and I ate ice cream and watched the match together. For every goal made, we gave each other high-ten's like we were two little kids.

Although I was not in the company of hundreds and hundreds of drunken Korean people adorned in red apparel for its first victory, I must admit that I felt a sense of comradery and unity walking along the empty streets of 일산. And to top it off with a big red strawberry, I heard bikers ringing their bells in the oh-so-familiar chant.... "대한민국."

1 Comments:

Blogger wayl said...

wonderful blog, i enjoyed reading it. And the pictures are stunning! Bye!! Wayl

4:08 오전  

댓글 쓰기

<< Home